Thursday, November 16, 2006

 
House, Movin' and Dented Treasures

So we signed the lease today for our digs. It's a very nice 2 bedroom w/ a full finished basement. Can we get a handclap for the basement!!! For those who don't live with an artist/producer/hip hop extaordinaire with a vinyl(records) upon vinyl and equipment; you'll never know how much a basement means to your life. Now my husband Carl has his dungoen, his space, to work, be productive and best of all, get his stuff out of the rest of our living space. Wait folks, it gets better. It even has a separate entrance!!! Heaven.

Moving is exciting yet stressful even if you have movers. The one thing I do love about it is getting to purge ourselves of stuff. I love to throw away things and to begin anew. My husband on the other hand has a tendency to resurrect his old broken things. His motto is " It can be fixed." But he has gotten better. He finally came to the realization that the five Fossil watches that he acquired prior to our union haven't walked themselves to a Fossil shop in these past six years and probably never will. And a heave ho, away we go WATCHES!!!.

And the lil' folks who dwell with us know the meaning of tossing it. I put it to my daughter in layman's terms like "YOu know Phina you have to give your old toys and clothes away to kids who don't have any and you know you'll get new stuff for Christmas." The next thing you know my daughter is agressively flinging missing doll parts towards the trash can.

Now with my son, I have to purge while he's in daycare. I learned the hard way one afternoon while cleaning under his bed that Senor Dahvi is not to be messed with when it comes to his entertainment. I mean I understand the poor fellow slaves away playing, napping and eating all day. He wants to come home and be surrounded by his stuff broken or not. So as his dear mum reached over to pitch a dented up McDonald's toy, I was threatened with a scream and " NO".
"That's mine, I play with it mommy." I try to reason. " But Dahvi, it's broken". " NO!" I try to negotiate. Most of the time it works but I'm beginning to think this item has some value to the brother. " Dahvi, I'll get you a bigger car if you let me throw this away." I thought I smelled hesistation but instead I get "Umm no it' s my car." So then I get my country black mama stare and voice on. " Ummm look-a-here lil boy, give me the car." As we tug back and forth on my son's dented up treasure, I think is this necessary. So I said" You don't fight snatch from mommy, okay. " And I let him have it. As soon as he gets up to play with something else of course, I snatch the wreck and pitch into the trash. Later he asks if I 've seen his car. I said it may be in your room. He said that's okay, I have another one. So now to avoid all this, I just to my pitchin while he's away or sleep.

Labels:


Comments:
Ooooo... you mean mama!lol. At least Dahvi knows what he wants. At least he thinks he does.
Congrats on the move and the newness and rebirth of creativity for your family.
Keep your eyes on the prize. :)

PS>I think your blog name is hilarious.
 
Girl you are good, I can't seem to throw away anything. I always think I'm going to need it later or that I should try to do a yard sale to recoup some of the money. As if I ever could...lol. I'm moving in May so I'm going to try to adopt some of your philosophy on purging. I'll let you know how it goes. Congrats on the new crib. We have to get the girls together for a play date soon.
 
Girl you are good. I can never seem to throw away anything. I just started to get rid of stuff Kayla had when she was a baby. Sad, sad I know. I always think that I'm going to need it later or I can have a yard sale to recoup some of the money I've spent, as if I ever could...lol. I'm moving in May so I'm going to try to adopt your philosophy on purging. Wish me luck. Also, girl we have got to get the girls together for a play day soon. Congrats on your new crib.
 
Girl you are good. I can never seem to throw away anything. I just started to get rid of stuff Kayla had when she was a baby. Sad, sad I know. I always think that I'm going to need it later or I can have a yard sale to recoup some of the money I've spent, as if I ever could...lol. I'm moving in May so I'm going to try to adopt your philosophy on purging. Wish me luck. Also, girl we have got to get the girls together for a play day soon. Congrats on your new crib.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?