Monday, February 12, 2007

 
I'm recovering from the Pink Explosion that was my daugher's 6th bday party this past Saturday. Phina's Hot Pink Pajama Party(a joint effort between Phina and her Godmother Lisa) was a fun-filled evening of dancing, singing, cupcake decorating, a fashion show/photoshoot/ and pink pink pink everywhere. After my daughter's birth, I was deadset on never dressing her in the color. I was a bit overanalyctical those days. I was so busy trying to show everyone how strong, indpendent and black I was, I refused anything that I thought would make people view me otherwise. But we all know once you have a chile, it's like who cares what you think. I attributed pink with weak, co-dependency, shallowness, and materialistic. How stupid was that. I tried to dress my daughter in every color in the universe. My daughter was going to be the PRIMARY COLOR PRINCESS. I would dress her in bold reds, yellows, and blues. And everything in between. I even made a request prior to my babyshower. No Pinks please. But of course did I really think I could runaway from that. Between my family, my in-laws and some of my country friends, pink was in the house. And how ironic that it has become my daughter's favorite color. My daugher is bright, funny, charming, sweet, independent and very girly. I quickly found out that you can be feminine, glamourous, strong, smart and sweet all at the same time. And though I don't wear pink myself , it is no longer the enemy. I'll rock Orange til the end. I enjoy being a cool smart, independent, feminine woman and mama who has been trying to tap into her glamourous side after seeing Dreamgirls. Watch out now. So don't be afraid to put a little "Pink" in your heart.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?