Thursday, March 29, 2007

 
mama spring break

when i was in college, i never went anywhere for spring break except home to the eastern shore.
i've just returned from miami. I attended the winter music conference with my fellow mama friend T. she just happens to be a lovely songstress too. in addition we were joined midweek by my other mama friend R who just happens to be a dope designer who showed in Fashion WEEK. aha so you see I don't roll with no regualer mamas. we're fly women who just happen to have kids. I say that because I've been descriminated in the past because I had kids. yes it does happen people. there are single, sometimes married folks without kids who don't know how to be around kids, deal with kids, or don't even like them. and by me being involved in various artistic projects etc etc, I would have thought the art scene would be more liberal or cool with kids. but alas i have dealt with fellow artists who treated me QUITE DIFFERENTLY when they saw me with my kids. they don't realize having kids has shortend my level of tolerance. at first i felt a way and then I thought they're the one's missing out. i got the prizes. since i've had kids, i've written tons of songs and articles. after giving birth to my daughter i wrote a grant, received it, and then produced, directed, and starred in my own production. mamas are the shhhh. not only that i'm a shhh because i'm not just a mama. i need to thank my husband for holding it down on the homefront and making me go. i want to thank my friends who just happen to be mamas, T and R(the initials are to protect the innocent) for a funfilled, relaxing, dope spring break. we went to some fly parties, stayed in a cool hotel, sweated, got free donuts from the KRISPY KREME man, met some cool folks, slept in late(WHAT), snubbed door people, got our hustle on 4 real, and celebrated successes. shout outs to my other fly mama friend Tomi.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?