Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 
I realized 3 months after my birthday that I'm officially at the end of THE BRACKET. Oh so you don't know what the bracket is. Well folks it means this is my last year to be a part of the demographic. Next year I will be 35 and part of a demographic that isn't necessary to any industry except maybe early retirement. I knew this day would come but not so soon. IIt doesn't matter that I'm on the edge, ahead of the trend, and in the streets.Well it's not like anyone was listening to me during the past four years since marketing companies are buddies with the 18-24 group. The media, music industry and popular culture should be paying me for my perspective. I'm an child of the 80's damnit. That should account for something. My generation consists is made up of some of the illest innovators there are. Shouldn't my demographic be deemed the "go to crew for pure hotness". And making comments on those lame VH1 I love THe (fill in era) shows ain't enough. And I know every generation before has their thing that makes them the shit. But its something about a breakbeat, Arsenio Hall, Tiananmen Square, Michael Jackson, the Berlin Wall, shelltoes, the Jheri Curl, good punk rock, and on and on. We're a generation that's viable and needed. We provided more than just damn theme songs for car, fast food and Gap commericals. You already know we got the flavor. So who are you to say i'm not fly at 35. I'm a proud card carrying memeber of Generation X who provides all the funk, spice and coolness for Generation Next. Recognize the Prize.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?