Tuesday, April 17, 2007

 

This past weekend I went to Philly to see this band called the Klaxons. They are currently one of my favorite wild out bands. Philly has a cooll vibe. No one pushed us on purpose. Unlike the massive shoves I experienced at DC's 9:30 club during the Lily Allen concert. My friend R and I thought we were the only sistas there for a while until we actually went upstairs. Two other sistas had their sista radar on and somehow found us. We all hung as if we'd known each other forever. A great time was had by all. One of the them writes a hilariously funny blog. check out www.connykate.wordpress.com. It's right up my alley. In the meantime I've been focusing on writing songs. Mainly rock and dance songs. I have songs in all genres(even one that don't exist yet.) I don't do country. I can't fade it.
I don't mind a little of the Dixie Chicks but after a while the twang gets to me. Going to shows like the Klaxons gives me inspiration. The little rock star in me would come out if I could actually sing. Yeah I know they say you don't really have to sing to be a rockstar but bump that I want to belt like Aretha when I'm thrashin. So because I know this will never be, I'll stick to writing songs that all the rockstars will sing. Prayerfully. In the meantime, i'm going to have my children act out a rockstar life(in pictures and video that is). Oh don't get shocked. It's going to be very G on their part. I know they are already rockstars. check out the pic from the upcoming Rockamentary: The Vicious Kids or the Young Youfs(as my husband calls them) They show a lot of promise. They've got the talent, the looks and the attitude. I'm not exploiting them. I'm providing an outlet for their creative expression. And if they don't become rockstars but end scientists and a "dumptruck man"(my son's exact words), they will still rock on.

Labels:


Comments:
Awww...you're babies are adorable!! And girl you don't need song to be a rock star, you need swagger. And you got swagger...
 
thanks homie. though it seems my kids got swagger on lock!! i just try to be like them! GANGSTA!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?