Tuesday, May 15, 2007

 
Okay so I bragged a bit too much about the start of my Mama Day weekend. Well my actual Mother's day ended up being a little bloody and filled with crazies!!!. My husband being the manly man that he is was putting together our new grill and ended up slicing his pointer finger on his left hand down to the bone. After I ran, threw some peroxide on it, watched him gauze it up he continued on fixing the wheel. I'm like Uhh don't you think we need to go to the hospital. Of course being the Brawny man that he is, he says" Oh I'm all right. Let's get to barbecuing." And so he proceeded to finish screwing the wheels on the grill. So I was like Look a here Cliff Huxtuble, put your shoes own, wake the kiddies from their dreamland and let's bounce to the emergency room. We get to GW Hospital and end up spending the next four hours in St. E's. Luckily being the smart mama that I am, I brought snacks for my kids yet no entertainment. There actually ended up being plenty of entertainment in er waiting room between the movie Liar Liar and the nutballs waiting to be seen. The first victim was a grown man of the caucasian persuasion who gathered up some fake tears and began to wail. His exact wail was
" I just need a pill. Please help me. I don't need an x-ray. I just want to die. I wish I was dead." And then he started banging the back of his head against the wall. My daughter Phina said " Mommy, why doesn't somebody give him a pill." I told her not to worry and to finish her fig newton. And then comes the superchucky sista yelling at the young resident because there are four people with the last name Reed or Ried or Read. She informed him rather loudly that he needs to know who is who. Finally, my husband's name is called. He returns an hour later with five stitches and apologies. The Dr. said he missed his tendon by THAT much which ain't much. I told him it wasn't his fault. As we were leaving we saw Mr. Wail all bandaged up and smiling. Carl said while he was seeing the Dr., he saw them give Mr. Wail some perk pills. Guess he got what he came for. So when we get home our neighbor tells us someone dug up her roses and stole them. As she's telling us the story, we see an older pop pop gentleman lounging on the corner of our house. And of course my husband in his polite yet forecful-you-know-i-will-jack-u-up kind of tone tells him he needs to roll. Pop pop is holding a large beer can of course and stumbles away to our other neighbors truck and decides to plant his beer onto the hood. When we get in the house, I peep out the side window and see Pop Pop sprawled out in the alleyway, shoes off while our neighbor pours his can of beer on his head. It looks like his eye was a dark blue as well. I sigh. My husband flames up the barbecue for the kids, my friend Tomi and her baby and myself. We enjoyed a lovely meal of pasta salad, scallops and curry tofo, scallops, spinach/rice, yuca, turkey/dogs (for meateaters), strawberry shortcake and other delights. My husband was getting his grill on using one hand until he noticed a long tail of a white opossum in our neighbors backyard. And the cuing was done.

Happy Mama Day

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?