Wednesday, May 02, 2007

 
Saving Hip Hop One Bad Word at a Time
Hip Parenting 101

Now that Russell Simmons is on his mission to save hip hop from itself, I've decided to give the rap community my lil 3 cents with some alternative words they can use to stay fresh and in the street.

tart instead ho( u get it and its not offensive because its also a dessert now who doesn't want to be a dessert. SWEET.

negro instead of n****(it still has power and allows the user to gain more a historical perspective)

fish instead of bitch (often used by the some males in the homosexual community but i believe it gets the point across yet still remains in the animal family just as bitch)

Lately I've started resurrecting some ole skool west coast slang like "set trippin" which i practiced this morning on my daughter Phina.

Hip Parents Take Note:

"I know your face didn't just frown up because you have to get up "
Girl you set trippin!

And scene.

Mind you my daughter continued to frown because she was clueless about the lingo.



stay tuned for my next blog- The Good School

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?